Coalition was created with a mission to solve cyber risk, and our approach of incentivizing policyholders to take an active role in understanding and mitigating their cyber risk exposure has been a success. Data from our H1 2021 Cyber Insurance Claims Report shows our policyholders experience less than one-third the claim frequency compared to other cyber insurance carriers. As we head into the 18th Cybersecurity Awareness Month, we are excited to share some of our favorite tips and resources for cybersecurity best practices.
Launched in 2004, Cybersecurity Awareness Month —previously known as National Cybersecurity Awareness Month— was launched by the National Cyber Security Alliance (NCSA) to raise awareness about the importance of cybersecurity. This year’s overarching theme is: “Do Your Part. #BeCyberSmart,” encouraging both individuals and organizations to take an active role in enhancing their cybersecurity posture. This year, CISA and NCSA will focus on the following areas:
- Week of October 4: Be Cyber Smart.
- Week of October 11: Phight the Phish!
- Week of October 18: Explore. Experience. Share.
- Week of October 25: Cybersecurity First
Resources to become cyber aware
Coalition’s platform aggregates and analyzes data from every internet-facing asset such as web servers, email hosting, and even IoT devices. We scan our policyholders' assets to identify potential vulnerabilities to help minimize risks — that’s a lot of data. To help our policyholders better understand the risks in their network and how to address them, we turn that data into resources:
- Our Cybersecurity Guide outlines the basic tenets of a cybersecurity program — a critical factor in reducing your organization’s cyber risk.
- The H1 2021 Cyber Insurance Claims Report details the cyber trends impacting all organizations and our predictions for the remainder of 2021.
- Alphabet soup: acronyms you should know: Understanding is key to building a good defense. This post series dives into the key terms you should be familiar with to get your organization’s cybersecurity program off the ground.
- Cybersecurity education- phishing: Phishing remains the most popular attack technique that hackers use to target their victims. Learn how to spot – and respond – to various types of phishing attacks.
Stay cyber aware all year long with Coalition Control
Coalition’s scanning technology provides us with a robust data set on the security conditions that lead to financial losses following a cybersecurity incident. As a result, we understand that good cybersecurity is fundamentally tied to risk management. We offer our policyholders incentives for implementing good cybersecurity controls and preventative measures, helping them proactively address and mitigate their risk.
One such risk mitigation solution is Coalition Control, which offers advanced attack surface monitoring and alerting to any organization. Sign up for free today and get unmatched visibility into your organization’s IT infrastructure, including detailed recommendations for fixing discovered security vulnerabilities. Also inside Coalition Control is our cybersecurity partner marketplace, which provides policyholders with exclusive savings on services such as phishing training, two-factor authentication, and other cybersecurity solutions.
If you enjoyed this post be sure to follow us on Twitter (@SolveCyberRisk), LinkedIn (Coalition Inc), and Youtube or more tips on how to #BeCyberSmart throughout the month, and comment with your own thoughts on how we can tackle cybersecurity challenges together.